How can you become involved with Rescue Wooden Boats?
- Become a Friend and support our work through donations - you will be kept up to date through our newsletter and invited to events.
- Join the Maritime Heritage Centre team to welcome and guide visitors round the centre and the boatyard at weekends - no experience needed, training given
- We are open on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays,11am - 3pm, from April 8 until the end of October.
- The Centre is run in 4 hour shifts, with at least 2 volunteers for each shift. It is a friendly team with plenty of tea, coffee, chat, and very interesting visitors.
- Join the Education team to welcome and assist school and adult groups during the week - no experience needed, training given
- We have a well-equipped Education Room in the Maritime Heritage Centre, with teaching resource packs on Lucy Lavers' story available for schools - come and see!
- There are occasional working parties on the boats, scraping, sanding and painting. Let us know if you would like to join the team.